SOLAR PROJECT MANAGER
• Agricultural Engineering (Major: Civil Agricultural Engineering). June 1996. Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros Agrónomos de Madrid. Final Thesis: Reservoir for drinkable water for Alustante County. (Deposit, Treatment Plant, Reservoir and canalization).
• Master in Civil and Environmental Engineering (Environmental Engineering and Science Program). June, 2004.Stanford University.
• Engineer Degree Candidate in Civil and Environmental Engineering. Stanford University. 2006.
• PhD in agricultural Engineering. 2016. Thesis: Leverized Cost of energy on irrigation systems using renewable energy.
• Certified Measurement & Verification Professional (CMVP). 2015. Efficiency Valuation Organization (EVO) and Association of Energy Engineers (AEE)
Sept 02-to date “La Caixa” Fellowship. Full tuition and living expenses for studying a Master in Civil and Environmental Engineering at Stanford University.
Sept 93/Sept 94 Department of Urban and Environmental Ecology. Humboldt University at Berlin. Germany. Project of Naturalization of Big Urban Areas (Green Terraces). Research of plant species to high resistance to stress and polluted conditions. (1 year)
July/Aug 1993 Nairobi University at Kabete Campus. Nairobi. Kenya.
Improving of crops: Design of watering systems and water quality. Pruning and crafting techniques. (2 months)
2012 to date Santana Construction. 45 kW PV installation for a grid disconnected pig farm for 1500 sows in Aguilar de Campoo (Palencia- Spain). Feasibility studies, design and construction. Design and construction of a 71 kW direct PV irrigation system of 71 kW Donhierro (Avila- Spain). 30 MW wind power plant in Sorihuela (Salamanca – Spain). Feasibility study and engineering design) in 2012.
2006-2012 Aries Ingeniería y Sistemas. A 100 MW concentrated solar power (CSP) plant in Alcazar de San Juan (Ciudad Real – Spain). Feasibility study and engineering design for 8 hours energy storage system. Project ASTE (2008 -2012). A 13,2 MW PV power plant in Siracusa – Catania (Italy) grid-connected. Feasibility study and engineering design in 2009. A 10 MW PV power plant in Quintanar de la Orden (Toledo – Spain). Feasibility study, design, construction and commissioning (2007). A 5 MW solar PV power plant (Arsol 1 project) in Diamiel (Ciudad Real- Spain) grid-connected on trackers. Feasibility study, design, construction and commissioning (2006). A 600 kW solar photovoltaic (PV) power plant in Valverde del Camino (Huelva- Spain). Feasibility study, design, construction and commissioning (2006).
2004 – 06 Santa Clara Valley Water District. Hydraulic Division. Calibration of Water Quality models SNTEMP and HEC-2. Flood frequency analysis.
2001- 02 Siebel Systems Inc. (Galway, Ireland). Project Engineer for the design of Quality, Environmental and Energy applications. Taking requirements from companies in order to develop a model to be implemented.
1998-2000 Norsistemas – Group Union Fenosa. (Madrid, Spain).Consultant for environmental issues in electrical power plants (PVRMA), study of the possibilities of new sources of energy and environmental impacts.
1996- 97 Gando Air Base (Gran Canaria, Spain). Civil Engineering Department. Coresponsable Officer of the Department. Projects done: Reforestation of the Air Base with Cassuarina tree with a watering system from sewage sludge plant. Design of the water collector for the airport extension. Study of the wind power of the Area. Design of soccer field with watering and drainage system.
Spanish Mother Tongue
English Fluent. English Proficiency Exam from the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign.
German Fluent. I was living during one year in Berlin.
Also some knowledge of Portuguese and Italian.
• Very good knowledge of personal computers: Hardware (repairing and assembling) as well as computer software.
• Operating systems: MS-DOS, Windows XP, 2000 and Macintosh. Network Operating System: UNIX, Windows NT and Windows 2000 and XP
• Very good command of MS OFFICE (MS Word, Excel, MS Access, Power Point and Outlook). Also some knowledge on AutoCAD and Dreamweaver.
• Programming languages: Pascal, Delphi, Matlab and QuickBasic.
• Member of the Official College of Agricultural Engineers from the Canary Islands and Central Spain.